We have been living in very busy environments the recent years. No doubt that it has an effect on our mental health often. We usually are unable to release the tension and our muscles feeling tight. If that is something you can relate to. I have some tips that worked for me personally and for others.
- Try some meditation or breathing exercises. Diaphragmatic breathing has shown an effect to promote relaxation and it is very easy to follow!
- Add Peppermint tea to your day. Peppermint leaves have smoothening effects on our digestive tract and can help promote relaxation!
- Reduce the amount of coffee, or just stick to the morning coffee. It is no surprise that high amounts of caffeine can have a negative impact on our nervous system. Reduce the amount of stick to a tea for a better mood and less anxiety.
- Avoid overeating and try to eliminate white sugar from your diet! Sugar is addictive and we tend to overeat. Also try to avoid processed carbohydrates like white flour, bread, pizzas, etc. When we overeat our body works hard to digest and has an impact on our mood.
- A good night’s sleep is a MUST to your overall health and wellbeing. An adequate amount of sleep between 7-9 hours shows the optimal effect on the health of individuals. People who are sleep-deprived usually are a lot more anxious and make easy mistakes. Your judgment is also impaired. So stick to your routine and look for no less than 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Go for a Walk! Walking in nature can drop dramatically the amount of stress in our bodies and also promotes digestion. Walk for a minimum of 20 minutes every day for optimal results.
- Practice gratitude in your life. It is not easy if you never did but it has an overall impact on your wellbeing! Try to look for the positives in everything that has happened in your life. Keeping a journal and writing also helps.
- Smile! Smiling to people and keep a positive attitude makes a huge difference to your health! Your mood will lift and you will feel completely out of anxiety!
That’s it for now! Keep the routine and you will see amazing benefits into your life.